Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Timid Travel Tuesday

A week from tomorrow I'll be in London, UK.  And so will begin out backpacking through Europe trip.

I'm nervous and excited. 

I'm not a completely inexperienced traveler.

I've been out of the country 5 different times to 3 different countries.  I've been to


El Salvador










Jamaica












and Canada!  Visiting these countries has not only helped me grow as a person, but has also increased my appetite for more international travel.

Don't think you've got me pegged yet, though!  I'm not just into international travel.  It's just that international travel is my focus while we are less tied down.  We have less bills now probably than we ever will, we don't have kids yet, and I do not have a job yet (since I am graduating this coming Saturday).  I feel like this is the time for us to go after some dreams.  One of which is experiencing different countries! 

This trip feels different to me somehow than my other out-of-country trips.  Probably because we will be crossing an ocean, and won't be at a resort, and won't be with a group.  Also because once we get used to one country... we'll be heading to another! 

Regardless of any apprehension and sweaty nervousness I might feel... we ARE going.

See, even someone with the travel bug gets a little timid before a big trip!


Love,
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment