Friday, May 6, 2011

A List

1.  Holding in tears is one of my strong suits
I would know... I did a lot of it today.  I'm not much of a public cry-er.  I decided a long time ago my "cry face" was not a great look for me and I should spare others if at all possible.  Anyway, it was my last day of student teaching and also a very fun Friday for our kindergarteners.  They made derby hats and stick horses for the Kentucky Derby.  They got to have a parade in front of the whole school THEN they had stick horse races.  It was beyond cute.  I melted... internally... as to not make a mess.  But I held in all my tears as I said goodbye to student teaching today.



2.   I leave for Europe in less than 2 weeks
I even already started packing.  Maybe it's because I'm always prepared like a boy scout or maybe it's because I'm excited.  I'm equally excited and nervous.  Excited because of all the experiences.  Nervous because I don't speak French.  Excited because of all of the delicious food.  Nervous because I don't speak Italian.  Excited because it's 15 days in Europe!!!  Nervous because I have a hard time understanding an Irish accent.  You get the picture.



3.  I have the week off next week.
And I have absolutely nothing planned.  No really.  I planned nothing because I plan on doing nothing.  How many more times in my life am I going to get to do nothing?  Times are looking rare, so I'm going to grab this opportunity while it's in my face.  Feel free to jugde this laziness.  I would join you, but that would be doing something.



4.  Jillian Michaels is trying to kill me
I would just like to say that I don't personally know Jillian Michaels.  I know, you're surprised.  But I'm convinced she's a sadist.  Don't believe me?  Try her 30 day shred.  No.  Really.  Try it.



5.  This weekend is Mother's Day
I'm not a mommy yet, but I am surrounded by lots of great mothers.  So happy Mother's Day to my mom, sister, sister-in-law, and friends.  I feel blessed to have you in my life!    

    

No comments:

Post a Comment