Saturday, July 2, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler



My absolute favorite summer dessert is warm blackberry cobbler with a big scoop of cold vanilla ice cream.

Yum!

I found the simplest recipe so here it goes.



You will need:

1 1/4 cups sugar

1 cup of self-rising flour

1 cup of milk

1/2 cup of butter - melted

3-4 cups of fresh blackberries



Prep:  Blend together 1 cup of the sugar, flour, and milk; stir in melted butter.
Grease a 12 x 8 pan and pour in the batter.
Sprinkle in blackberries.  I usually add as many as I can fit.
Sprinkle remaining sugar over the top... to be honest I probably use more than 1/4 of a cup.  I just keep sprinkling until I'm satisfied with the coverage.

Bake at 350 for an hour until golden brown and bubbling.

It's almost too easy.



Here is a before picture


You can see I didn't sprinkle the sugar on top evenly... but it didn't ruin anything!

Also this gives you a good idea on how many blackberries I use!


After


Oh my goodness... it's so perfect. 
Don't forget the ice cream!

So there you have it... now you can have the perfect summer!


*Side note: I have found that when I use store bought blackberries they do not rise to the top when baking... I'm not sure why.  It's still good... but not AS good.  I would recommend using home-grown blackberries if possible!  We always pick ours at Dustin's grandma's house :)
Happy picking! 




3 comments:

  1. Just put my bberry cobbler in the oven--picked mine fresh yesterday. I must say that the batter is the best I've tasted =). Can't wait to have this dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment is actually from Tiffany on Matt's computer =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay... I'm glad you tried it! It really is a delicious recipe! Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete